Sims Urbania
January 16, 2018, 10:15:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: About Sims Urbania  (Read 7230 times)
mocha
Administrator
Mrs. Crumplebottom

« on: December 19, 2011, 08:02:49 PM »

About Sims Urbania

Bree and I created Sims Urbania back in January 2009. Click here to take a look at SU way back when. :D Initially, we started the site with the intention of only sharing our lots. Two big city girls (Bree's from Chicago and I'm from New York), who love building and decorating, our lots usually reflect where we're from. Since most of the lots around the Sims community catered to the suburbs and residential dwellings, we figured we could fill a niche that was missing. With Bree's mostly upscale, single-family homes on mini lots, and my grungy, multi-story tenement apartment lots; we hoped to satisfy the needs of simmers who wanted a more urban feel to their hoods. We opened the forum, not long after, to supplement the site - for visitors to comment, post WCIF's and help questions. Once managing the site and forum became too much work, we closed the website and moved everything to the forum. It never occurred to us back then, to open a blog which would have allowed for user comments. If we had opened a blog, SU as it is today would have never existed.

Three years later, SU has grown into a small, yet thriving community and moved past "just lots and houses," offering simmers all kinds of Sims 2 and 3 downloads, but still with a distinct urban feel.

As we approach our 3 year anniversary, :party: I want to thank all of the wonderful members who have contributed to making SU what it is. Whether you share your downloads, post pretty pictures in your member albums, write stories that keep us on the edge of our seats or just put a smile on another member's face with your thoughtful and funny comments - the board would be nothing without you. :hug:

To our new members: :welcome7:

If you're here to get some great content for your game, you can browse our Downloads or get a quick peek of all our latest downloads in the What's New @ SU forum. It's not necessary to become a member to get our downloads. However, once you get acquainted with the board and decide you'd like to become active in our community or would like to share some of your creations, you can start by reading our forum rules, introducing yourself or sharing pics from your game in your own member album. ;) Whatever your reason for visiting, we're glad to have you. We're a friendly, creative bunch from all over the world, who love to laugh, have fun and share our mutual love of simming. Hope to see you around the board. :wave:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:06:08 AM by mocha » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: